About a month ago my dad had a heart attack. He had two stints put in and his doctor told my sister and me that he was very lucky to be alive. Last night he was admitted again to the same hospital that gave him a second chance. Since hearing he was back in the hospital I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep... maybe. By nature, I'm a worrier and a care-giver, so days like today take a lot out of me. I am physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted.
It's 12:12am right now and my alarm will go off in five hours so I can make it to work on time. My mind will not rest, though. It keeps fluttering between two things. One is that my dad, my father, is probably scared to death right now, not knowing what the future holds for him. He reminds me of a child when he lays in that hospital bed and cracks jokes to lighten the mood and whether I like it or not, I've found myself doing the same thing from time to time.
The other thing that keeps drifting in and out of my head is the book that I am currently rereading. IF GRACE IS TRUE is a book that introduces the concept of Universalism, but more importantly, shares an overlooked concept that God will forever be with you. And by forever, I mean FOREVER. His grace and love do not end when your physical life ends, it continues after death whether we want it to or not.
I find it odd that these are the two things that are keeping me from much needed sleep. It's just like God to remind me that He's with me when I worry about my dad. It's also just like my dad to remind me that heredity is a strong thing. (=
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment